Friday, August 27, 2010

Mystik Monster Mayhem

I wanted to share some creature designs I have been working on lately. These are all monsters I created which which feature in the online game Algadon by Mystik Media.

The reason for sharing is that I found the project to be a really valuable challenge. By restricting the images to only 200x240px (the size they appear in game) it forced me to simplify the design and concentrate on the important characteristics of the creature. It was also more important to look at the overall silhouette and shapes of the design to make sure they read easily and quickly at such a small scale.

Anyway have a look at what I've come up with so far, obviously some designs are more successful than others but I do feel like I have steadily improved while working on these. I would recommend that you try something similar if you want to develop your concept/design skills!



Please feel free to let me know which you like or don't like and why or show me what you come up with!

2 comments:

  1. Lee,

    This is some really great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your art is awsome. how much do you charge for artwork of this kind. rpgwizard2003@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete